And who gets to reap the benefits but sweetling Joules!
Okay, here are a couple of things to consider to use or not, dealing with Hyoujin 'clothing'.
This morning I was looking for some stuff and was throwing away paper trash while I was at it and came across a Playboy catalog in the box that had contained rat's latest calendar. While flipping through it looking for Hyoujin strap ideas I found a mesh bikini and almost slapped myself in the head (but didn't since it is still a bit sore). An answer was sitting right in front of me the whole time and I did not think about it - chain maile.
Chain maile does NOT get caught in hair or fur if the rings are fused together. I wear the stuff on my head when I go to faire and my hair is notorious for it's tangles. It never causes any tugging or pain. And I have worn large, medium and small links without any problems.
Now I am thinking of very small links, stuff that moves like fabric. If the genitalia is under the base of the tail a loincloth that has two flaps without any crotch 'fabric' may be just the ticket. And I do not think any races mentioned so far wear chain maile. It would be a bit interesting, having such a high-tech race wearing something so medieval. And it might work really well as a complement to the metal wire headpiece idea too. Cats in flexible metal.
So I begin telling my idea to rat and before I get to the actual idea he comes up with another idea to cover the groin, a sporan-type bag. Hee, even he is drawing from his faire experience! He says, and I quote, "all tool users need pockets".
I can see the headpiece housing recording devices too. I would think Zaheen would want to record everything for analysis later, both visuals as well as audio.
Next question, what types will be in the party for the first meeting? I was thinking a portrait of the Hyoujin contingent would be a nice illustration as long as they are all headshots. It just hit me today, something I had forgotten. I had pretty much concentrated on headshot portraits when I could during my formal schooling. Sure I did life drawing but when drawing for myself I pretty much avoided the body because of it's complexities. I HAD to have a photo to work from to get bodies to look halfway decent.
That's one of the things that I am finding a bit amazing right now. The latest pic I did, the one of Eiri and Syuichi, those bodies were out of my head. I referred to something to insure I got the head shapes and hair right, but from the chin down the bodies are from my pea brain. While these bodies are not really 'real', they do seem to look okay, at least to my eye right now. Wait a month (or less!) and I will know yet even more and I will be condemning the piece for it's crudeness in execution.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*